Category: Safety First
Being nice to others and making friends takes practice! Here are some tips on how to be a good friend in Jamaa:
• Be kind. If you get angry, stop and take a deep breath! Hurting other’s feelings because you are angry is never the right thing to do. Try to see it from their side.
• Be respectful. Everyone is different, and that’s ok!
• Be supportive. True friends are happy for you when you win a game, make a good trade, or when other good things happen. Congratulate other players too!
• Avoid gossiping, even when the people you are talking about are not around.
• Be honest. Good friends do not try to talk others into breaking rules, lying, cheating, or other activities that can hurt you or others.
Sometimes other people can be mean, but don’t worry! There are lots of things you can do to help yourself if you run into a bully:
• If someone makes you feel uncomfortable or scared, don’t respond! You can ignore, report, and block them, then log out!
• Immediately tell your parents or a trusted adult.
• When you log back in to Animal Jam you can choose a different world, lock your den, and if that player is on your buddy list, you can un-buddy them. They won’t be able to bug you anymore!